Student Exchange - Outbound Students
Study and live abroad for semester on the Student Exchange Program. At Fisher, you have the opportunity to represent Fisher College of Business and OSU at one of many highly-ranked exchange partners around the world, as you study there for as a fulltime student.
Undergraduate: December 31, 2013
- If you are planning to participate in a Student Exchange Program, please note that the application process typically begins ONE ACADEMIC YEAR prior to your intended exchange program term.
- Applications will be received online and will be admitted in a first come first serve basis.
Criteria to Apply for Exchange
- You must be admitted to Fisher College of Business. In some cases, we can accommodate students who have applied to be accepted into the major but priority is given to students already admitted into FCOB majors.
- You must have and maintain a 3.0 or above grade point average to be selected and remain in the program.
- You should have completed study for at least a year at Fisher College to apply. (Planning in your first year and applying in your second/third year at Fisher is recommended. You cannot go abroad on your graduating term.)
- You must complete pre-requisites of Economics 2001.1: Principles of Microeconomics and 2002.1: Principles of Macroeconomics, Statistics 1430: Statistics for the Business Sciences, and Accounting 2200: Introduction To Accounting I and 2300: Introduction to Accounting II, before departure. If not completed, you will be withdrawn from the program at your own cost.
- You must meet with Jane Palmer, a fulltime Academic Advisor in the Fisher Undergraduate Programs and Advising Office, to confirm that your academic standing is eligible for student exchange when applying by completing the Course Planning Worksheet. Call 292-2715 to schedule an appointment or to check on walk-in hours.
NOTICE TO OSU INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: As an international student, you must have a multiple entry visa to ensure your ability to re-enter the US after the program. You are responsible for obtaining any visas required to travel and to come back to the U.S. to continue your studies at OSU after the program.
How to Apply
- Complete the online application and interview by the deadline. Your application will not be considered complete until ALL required documents have been submitted.
Questions on the Student Exchange Program
- Attend a Go Global General Walk-in Session
To learn more about all global programs offered and their deadlines, attend one of the general walk-in sessions listed below:
- Attend an Exchange Weekly Info Session
To learn more about the exchange program, attend one of the weekly info sessions available from September to November. Meeting times are below:
- How to Fund Study Abroad
To learn more about the what options you have to fund your exchange program, read our Funding Study Abroad webpage.
NOTICE: In countries under a current Department of State Travel Warning, undergraduate students cannot use scholarship awards for study abroad programs and/or individual international projects outside of venues approved by Ohio State. Graduate and professional students may petition the Study Abroad Health and Safety Committee for approval a minimum of three months prior to proposed travel. Countries currently on Department of State Travel Warning can be viewed at: www.travel.state.gov For further information on the policy and/or the petition process, please see the Office Of International Affairs, Travel Advisory Warnings and Petitions page, or contact Dru Simmons (firstname.lastname@example.org), international risk manager.
- Contact Kozue Isozaki at email@example.com with questions not answered in the links and sessions above.