Career Management Presentations for Fisher Undergraduate Student Organizations
The Office of Career Management is happy to provide presentations on a variety of topics to Fisher student organizations!
- How to Use FisherConnect: this presentation will cover how to fill out your FisherConnect profile, how to use FisherConnect to find on-campus interviews and jobs, how to find employer contacts, and how to learn about and RSVP to Career Events.
- Effective Resume Writing: learn how to develop a strong resume to use when applying for internships and full time jobs. The presentation discusses resume formatting, how to best describe work experiences, activities, and leadership, and what employers are looking for on resumes.
- Effective Interviewing: provides a general overview of interviewing skills including typical interview questions (tell me about yourself, why should I hire you, behavioral questions). It also discusses how to do effective company research and how to make a positive first impression. This presentation can be done in a traditional presentation style or in a more interactive workshop format.
- Behavioral Based Interviewing: this workshop style presentation introduces students to behavioral interview questions- what they are, why they are used, and the strategies to answer them. Participants then get the chance to practice their own examples in small groups.
- Other Types of Interviews: Phone, Skype, On-site: this presentation builds on students’ existing interview knowledge by providing an overview of how to prepare for interviews over the phone or Skype and how to prepare for and what to expect during on-site interviews.
- LinkedIn: this presentation introduces students to the professional networking website of LinkedIn. Participants will learn how to build a strong profile, how to professionally connect with others, and how to use LinkedIn to develop and maintain their network through groups, alumni, and contacts.
- Finding an internship: this is a great presentation for students who are looking to get started on their internship search. Topics include the QUIC program, using FisherConnect, networking, and other job search resources including helpful websites, professional associations, and alumni.
To request a presentation:
- Fill out and submit the Presentation Request Form
- We ask that you please give us 2-3 weeks notice so we can accommodate your request
- Once our office receives your form we will contact you within 2-3 business days
Please keep in mind we cannot accommodate last-minute requests!
Questions about presentations and topics can be addressed to Audrey Bledsoe at firstname.lastname@example.org